Continuing our City Park Facts series – here’s the top ten largest regional and county parks in the 100 US cities.
- George Bush Park, Houston: 8,043
- Longview Lake Park, Kansas City: 3,308
- Shelby Farms Park, Memphis: 3,200 [the park is operated by a conservancy]
- Bear Creek Park, Houston: 3,067
- Calero County Park, San Jose: 2,474
- Mission Creek Regional Preserve, Fremont: 2,086
- Percy Warner Park, Nashville: 1,978 [friends of warner parks]
- Smith and Bybee Wetlands Natual Area, Portland: 1,837
- American River Parkway, Sacramento: 1,746 [friends gtoup: American River Parkway Foundation]
- Tijuana River Valley Regional Park, San Diego: 1,710
City Parks Facts 2017 will be released on April 20, 2017 at www.tpl.org.
City Park Facts is a collaboration between the many city, county, state and nonprofit parks agencies and conservancies that work with us to submit their data and we appreciate their continued help and involvment. The staff of the Center for City Park Excellence at the Trust for Public Land works to present this information in a thorough yet easy-to-use format, and your feedback is important for future editions. You can contact us at email@example.com
Follow our new twitter feed @CityParkFacts