- Sen. Dodd’s Livable Communities Act: a $4 billion bill that aims to establish an Office of Sustainable Housing and Communities at HUD and an Interagency Council on Sustainable Communities at the White House, and help empower the federal government to fund smart growth projects at regional and local levels. Willy Staley of Next American City provides some context.
- Curbed NY provides some photos of the newly-opened 9.5 acres of Brooklyn Bride Park .
- Former freeway ramp areas become garden space in San Francisco. (Good)
- More on connectivity: Seattle’s Bell Street being converted to linear park. (DJC)
New Toronto waterfront park to open in space under overpasses. (DCN)
America needs to continue making capital investments, even if the payoff is very long-term. (Grist)
- Lastly, EPA says redevelopment of urban centers has continued to outpace construction in the outskirts of suburbia. Is there a migration underway? (Greenwire)
Filed under: uncategorized |